abc Academia Baile en Cuba (abc Dance Academy)
Address: Avenida 1 and Calle 34, Varadero
Phone: (53 45) 61 2623
Opening hours: Every days, 8 am to 8 pm.
Organized through Paradiso, a state-run cultural agency, this academy is the perfect place for those who want to learn or improve their skills with typical Cuban dances such as salsa, mambo, rumba, danzon, cha cha cha. They also offer Cuban Percussions lessons (same prices as dance lessons). This place used to be part of the “Casa del la Cultura Los Corales” which is now divided into the dance academy and an art gallery called Espacio 34.
Every year the abc dance academy hosts the "Varadero Baila, Festival Internacional de Balladores de Salsa", a salsa festival held in July. This event is organize by the cuban agencia Paradiso Turismo Cultural (part of ARTEX group).
Dance classes everyday at: 10:00 / 13:30 / 16:30
(for each person 13 years and more, free for children 6 to 12)
- Dance lesson 2 hours, no transfer: 15 CUC
- Dance Mini Course, 3 lessons (2 hours each, no transfer): 39 CUC
- Dance Course, 12 lessons (8:30 to 11:30 am, with transfer): 149 CUC
- Dance Course + show, 5 lessons (10 hours) + show ticket for the Buena Vista Social Club Project concert: 69 CUC
- Free Bonus: abc Matinée Salsera "Dancing with the Teacher" every thursday at 5:00 pm.
All classes include: An interview with the teacher to organize the dance lesson and level, a 2 hours dance lesson with partner, 1 professional instructor every 8 persons, one 500 ml bottle of water, documentation about dance in Varadero and Cuba in general.
Lily & Normand