Address: Laguna los Tainos, Carretera Las Morlas Km 12½, Varadero
Phone: (53 45) 66 8031
Opening hours: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, every day
Dolphin shows: at 11:00 am and 3:30 pm
Swimming with dolphins starts at: 9:30 am, 11:30 am, 2:30 pm and 4:00 pm
The Delfinario is located in a natural mangrove lagoon near the Chapelin Marina. There are usually 2 dolphin shows (about 35-40 minutes each) daily, at 11:00 am and 3:30 pm. After the show you can get your pictures taken with a dolphin (on a plateform, not in the water) for an extra 5 USD. Visitors can also swim and interact with the dolphins (approximately 20 minutes) and get to perform different tricks with these graceful animals.
You can go to the Delfinario by yourself (bus or taxi) and pay at the door (prices below), or, you can book the Swim with Dolphins Excursion (including transfers from your hotel) from a tour operator representative at your hotel or downtown.
- Show only: 20 USD
- Swim with dolphins: 60 USD
- Photo with a dolphin: 5 USD
- Parking fee: 2 USD
An optional photo service* is offered at extra cost during the "swim with dolphins" interaction. Camera fee: 5 USD if you want to use your own camera or camcorder.
* If you decide to purchase their photo service, we suggest you ask the Photo Shop to view the pictures before leaving the dolphinarium to make sure the pictures/videos got transferred correctly to the disk. A few people have reported receiving a non-functioning or empty disk.
When swimming with dolphins :
- Wear as little jewellery as possible as it may hurt the dolphins' skin.
- Do not have sun tan lotion recently applied as it may affect the dolphins' sight.
Click to view our video of the Delfinario Varadero.
Click to view our Gallery of the Delfinario de Varadero.
Click to see a 360° Google Maps of this area in Varadero, Cuba
Lily & Normand