Crucero del Sol
Price (2014) High season: Adult 109 CUC / Child 53*
Price (2014) Low season: Adult 95 CUC / Child 43*
Do not contact us to book this tour, we are NOT a travel agency nor tour operator, this page is for information only.
This full-day catamaran cruise is one of the most popular activities in Varadero. Setting sail from the Marina Gaviota, a large and comfortable catamaran will take you off-shore to enjoy the beauty of the turquoise waters surrounding the Varadero’s peninsula; you can relax on the shaded areas or on the nets as you glide gently over the waves. The first stop is a coral reef where you can enjoy snorkeling (equipment is provided).
And then the catamaran drops anchor on the gorgeous and virgin beach of Cayo Blanco (a small deserted island) where you will enjoy a delicious seafood lunch (lobster, shrimps and fish) while listening to live traditional Cuban music. You will have free time to swim in the ocean, play games, do some non-motorized water sports, or simply relax on the beach.
This excursion also includes a 15-minutes interaction with dolphins at Rancho Cangrejo (an open-sea dolphinarium) where you get to perform different tricks with them. Then the catamaran sails back to Varadero while you relax on board.
See here a map of the catamaran itinerary
Inclusions: Roundtrip transfer between your hotel and the marina, tour guide, lunch, drinks (open bar on the catamaran and on Cayo Blanco), use of snorkeling gear on the catamaran, use of non-motorized watersports equipment on Cayo Blanco, security equipment for sailing and snorkeling.
Departure: 8:00-8:30 am (may vary depending on hotel and tour operator)
Return: 4:30- 5:00 pm (may vary depending on hotel and tour operator)
Suggestions on what to wear and bring:
• Swimwear, Towel, Camera
• Sun protection: Sunglasses, hat, and sunscreen
• Cash in small denominations for tips
• Snorkeling gear (if you prefer to use your own)
For the dolphin interaction:
• As little jewellery as possible as it can hurt the dolphins' skin
• No sun tan lotion recently applied as it can affects the dolphins' sight
• This excursion at sea is subject to weather conditions; in case of bad weather it may be rescheduled of cancelled with full refund.
• Interaction with dolphins may not be possible due to dolphins training time restriction. If it’s the case the price will be adjusted accordingly.
• According to the number of persons the sequence of the excursion may be changed
• Outside the lobster (langusta) season the lunch will included fish and shrimps. Chicken is also available for those who don’t want seafood.
* Free for children 0 to 6.
Lily & Normand