Jeep Safari Yumuri
- Price (2014) High season: Adult 81 CUC / Child 61
- Price (2014) Low season: Adult 73 CUC / Child 55
Do not contact us to book this tour, we are NOT a travel agency nor tour operator, this page is for information only.
This full-day excursion allows you to explore the countryside of Cuba by jeep. Escorted by a guide you will drive through sugar cane fields and other plantations, small villages, and royal palm trees groves. You will visit a family farm. You will then enjoy some free time for snorkeling or swimming at Playa Coral and at the Saturno Cave.
Next on program is a panoramic tour of Matanzas (the city of bridges). You will then drive through the breathtaking Yumuri Valley to reach Rancho Gaviota where a welcome cocktail and a typical Cuban lunch will be served, and where you will also enjoy some free time to do horseback riding, canoeing, pedal boat of simply relax and observe the lush flora and fauna. The tour continues with a visit the Monserrate Heights and then to the Rio Canimar (Canimar river) for a 30-minutes boat ride where you can admire the rich flora and fauna of the riversides. Back to the jeeps depot in Varadero where a bus will take you back to your hotel.
Inclusions: Tour guide, transportation by bus to the jeeps depot, jeep rental, admissions to Saturno Cave and Playa Coral, snorkeling gear at Playa Coral, lunch, boat ride on Rio Canimar.
Departure: 8:30 am (may vary depending on hotel and tour operator)
Return: 4:00 pm (may vary depending on hotel and tour operator)
Suggestions on what to wear and bring:
• Driver’s license, mandatory for those who wish to drive
• Comfortable shoes and wear
• Swimwear & towel
• Sunscreen, sunglasses and hat
• Bottled water
• Snorkeling gear (if you prefer to use your own)
• Cash in small denominations for souvenirs, drinks and tips
- Each jeep must be shared with other tourists (4 passengers per jeep)
- Driver must be 18 years+ and have a driver’s license (from your home country)
- Jeeps have manual transmission
Click to view our Gallery of Rio Canimar.
Click to view our Gallery of Cueva Saturno.
Lily & Normand